How can I join?
ITS is currently on a wait list. For an estimate regarding the DBT-specific wait time, please call the office.
To become established on the wait list, please visit our New Client Page and complete the New Client Form, or call the office and speak to Client Services.
All participants in DBT will get the same skills in individual DBT as they would in the skills group. However, if you are required to do DBT by an outside agency (i.e. court, DSHS, etc.), DBT at ITS will not meet the criteria for those programs.
To join DBT, clients are required to sign a contract that they will only see the DBT therapist for the duration of the program. Due to the highly structured methodology of DBT, having only one therapist ensures that there are limited conflicting approaches and that each session is a continuation of previous skill-building sessions. This contract does not apply to couples or family therapy.
New Evening Adult Group
Beginning January 13, 2022, an evening group will be starting for DBT clients ages 18-24. The group will run on Thursdays from 6:15-8:00 PM.
For additional information or to get established on the wait list, please contact the office.
- Skills Training
- Learn new behavioral skills to gain control of intense emotions, increase awareness of self and others, and reduce unhelpful, impulsive behaviors.
- Take-Home Assignments/Homework allow participants to apply the learned skills to their every day life.
- Individual Therapy
- Enhances client motivation to apply skills in everyday life.
- Reinforces skill use and helps increase positive quality-of-life behaviors.
- Phone Coaching
- Reinforce skill use in difficult life circumstances.
- Increase the individual’s ability to manage stressful situations on their own.