Telehealth is the use of video chat to have counseling sessions remotely.
ITS’ telehealth platform is called TheraNest. It is an application our office uses for scheduling appointments, creating notes, and billing. It also allows clients to have virtual appointments through the TheraNest Client Portal.
The Client Portal not only allows you to have virtual appointments, but also lets you see your Upcoming and Kept appointments, access billing information, pay bills online, and complete required forms.
For complete instructions about how to get into your telehealth appointment, click here.
Accessing your Telehealth Appointment
Virtual appointments may be accessed through the Client Portal OR via your specific Telehealth link.
Telehealth links are sent via email ONLY when the appointment is confirmed as virtual/Telehealth. It is NOT included in reminder emails.
The link is not required to access the appointment. You may also join your session by logging into the Client Portal and clicking “Start Session” next to the appointment date and time.
Tips for Successful Telehealth Appointments
Log in to the Client Portal at least 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment. (On the hour, TheraNest automatically updates the appointment with the link from the “Upcoming” to the “Kept” tab.)
Allow TheraNest access to your Camera and Microphone.
- When your device completes regularly scheduled updates, this may change settings you had previously established. If you get into your appointment and you are having issues with your audio or video try the following:
- Go to Settings, allow the Camera access, and allow the Microphone access.
- RESTART YOUR DEVICE. Many devices will not implement changes until they have been restarted.
Check your internet connection. Audio/Video requires an internet connection of at least 10 MBPS.
Use a newer browser such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, or Safari.
Make sure you are joining the correct appointment! If you have multiple Telehealth appointments scheduled, multiple “Start Session” buttons may be in your Client Portal. Make sure you join the session for the appropriate day, or your therapist will not be able to see you.
Once you have clicked “Start Session” remember to type in your name and click “Join Session” when the internet connectivity test finishes, or you will be stuck in the waiting room.
- If TheraNest gives you a red “X” when you try to type in your name, either update your Camera and Microphone settings and restart your device, or switch devices.
- You will not be able to click “Join Session” until your therapist has joined the session.
Office Rules and Code of Conduct
- Please be particularly considerate and refrain from any conduct that could disturb others in the vicinity. This includes being respectful of the environment as well as other guests.
- Please respect the privacy of others by waiting until the receptionist is done assisting others in front of you at the window.
- Children must be accompanied at all times by an adult in this office suite and may not leave this office without adult supervision.
- Adult supervision is required at all time for children while waiting in the waiting rooms, lobby, or common areas of the building.
- Food may only be consumed in the building lobby, and cannot be brought into the waiting rooms or therapy rooms.
- Smoking, alcohol, and recreational drugs are strictly prohibited.
- All animals are prohibited with the exception of animals that are required according to ADAs regulations.
If you would like a copy of your records from ITS, please complete the following form.
Please note that if you would like your records to be disclosed to someone other than yourself or a parent/guardian (if client is under the age of 13), an “Authorization for Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information” (aka Release of Information/ROI) must be signed before records are able to be released.
To complete a ROI, please fill out the following PDF:
This form may submitted to ITS via:
- Email – Scan and attach the document, and send to email@example.com
- Fax – 253-564-4409
- In person drop off
If you would like to complete the form digitally, please call ITS at 253-460-7248 and request to have the form added to your Client Portal.
There is a fee associated with Records Requests.
If the client is requesting their own records, it is a flat rate of $6.50.
If someone other than the client is requesting records, the fee is charged in association with WA 246-08-400.
Records will not be released until the fee is paid.
Please allow up to 14 days for processing and redaction from the submission of your records request.
At ITS we have two options for billing. You may authorize our billing department to:
- Charge the full amount due to the card on file after insurance has paid its portion, OR
- Provide a statement so you can pay your balance on your own time. You have 30 days from the invoice date to pay your balance in full. Any balance not paid within 30 days will accrue a $10 late payment fee.
Any balance over 30 days past due will be run automatically to the card on file, late payment fee included.
If you would like to switch the billing option you have chosen, please call the front office.
To set up a Payment Plan, please speak to our Billing Department at ext. 107.
Per our Financial Form, you are responsible for notifying us of any changes that affect billing, INCLUDING insurance coverage, subscriber name, or address.
If you lose insurance coverage at any point, you will be responsible to pay the fee for non-covered sessions.
PLEASE NOTE: Co-pays are due at time of service. Co-pays are different than co-insurance.
My therapist and I aren’t a good fit. What do I do?
No worries! Having a good fit with your provider is essential to a positive counseling experience. If you feel like you and your therapist don’t work as well together as you could, call the front office and let us know. We can transfer you to a different provider in our office who fits your preferences better. Please provide any information you think is relevant to finding a better fit (ex. “I have a hard time starting the conversation, I need someone who will help lead me and get me to open up.” “I need to talk to someone who understand difficulties with parenting.” etc.)
Please note that it often does take some time to get you matched with a new therapist, so there may be a lapse in care during the transfer process. If this is of concern to you, please talk to your current therapist or ask the front office to touch base with them so we can plan for the best way to transfer you. Most therapists will not continue to schedule appointments when you start the transfer process since the relationship is not therapeutically beneficial at that point.
All of our providers are in-network/accept with one or more of the following insurance companies:
|Aetna||Coordinated Care||Lifewise||TriCare Select **|
|Ambetter||First Choice||Molina||Kaiser CORE or HMO **|
|Cigna||GEHA||Premera (Blue Cross Blue Shield)||TriCare Prime **|
|Coastwise||Kaiser PPO||Regence (Blue Cross Blue Shield)||US Family Health Plan **|
**Pre-authorization required; Referral may be required for authorization
Please note we are OUT OF NETWORK with the following plans:
♦Premera Peak Plan ♦Premera Tahoma Plan ♦Regence IF Mental/Behavioral Health coverage is through Providence Behavioral Health
If you are unsure of your plan, please contact Member Services to verify if our office is in-network.
Your insurance policy is a contract between you and your carrier; it is important that you read and fully understand your benefits. If you aren’t sure, please do not assume your policy covers every form of medical and mental health care. Policies and benefits differ, even those from the same carrier.
Ultimately, it is your responsibility as the patient to understand what is/is not covered by your insurance policy.
Your personal financial responsibility for co-pays, deductibles and non-covered services are mandated by your health plan. ITS is contractually obligated to collect these fees, and we are not permitted to adjust these costs to your account.